Thursday, August 22, 2013

Louisiana Half: Take Three

Next year will be the third year that I run the Louisiana Half in Baton Rouge.  The first year was just a run.  I ran with a friend at a friendly pace.  This year the goal was to PR and I did with a 1:39:09.  My goal next year is also to PR.  But the real question is by how much?

I have been running most of the summer at around 15 to 20 miles per week in the 8:30 to 9:00 per mile range.  The race is currently +22 weeks out so there is a lot of time to train.  But last year there were a few guys that were similar speed as me that were interested in training with me.  I find running in group helps to motivate.  I am not sure if those guys want to train again.  I know one of the fell way off the wagon in the middle of training and has only recently gotten somewhat back on.  We also had access to the track but they have plugged the holes in the fence.  I also looked back at my training from last year an saw that I had been running track workout in August and July!  I have done none of that this year!

My plan.  I am going to layout my training as I did last year and see if I can get someone to come along to push me along.  I am going to see if I actually have to time to keep track of the training. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment