Sunday, December 6, 2009

Boudin & Cracklin Express

The day started out too cold to run or hit the farmer's market. I actually slept till 7 on a Saturday. Plus I knew all my running folks were working at the Cajun Country 1/2 Marathon.



I picked up BIL before he headed out of town for his Santa Claus Pub Crawl in New Orleans. We decided to go to Boudin & Cracklin Express in Henderson via the Breaux Bridge Hwy. With THE Boy strapped in we were off. We passes the Pack and Paddle to see their newly remodeled front (someone put a car into the front window). It now holds lots of boats and looks nice.



We came in to Henderson from the South, we actually passed three other places that featured boudin. There was Kevin's, gas station, Landry's and then Express. Four places that The Linkster's have yet to evaluate.

We bought 2-1/2 links that came in a paper tray wrapped in foil. The boudin was about 50/50 mix of rice pieces and pork meat with a sprinkling of green onions. Casing was snappy. BIL commented that it was a bit light on liver but I found a few chunks. The liver was not evenly distributed. The spice was good, not too hot and not too mild. The BOY at all most all of his half. He says "mmmm dat's good". I think it is worth at least a B+ to A-.

The store has a drive through window for all the fat-so who can't walk but need their boudin. There is lots of jars of Cajun stuff you can buy. At the end of the day, it would be a great place to stop an pick up a link or two. I think if BIL and I make a few more run, we might have to check out the other place at Henderson.

As far a running, I ended up with 31 miles for the week but running 6 Sat afternoon and 8 on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment