Sunday, November 1, 2009

Comeaux's Boudin

We we finally made it on a Saturday morning boudin run. Football season makes it hard. BIL leaves early for the game, we are trying to get our stuff ready. This weekend we both skipped the game do get some things done. He had to work on the house and we had trick-or-treat with the boy.

We decided to hit someplace close so we chose Comeaux's on Kaliste Saloom. This used to be my favorite boudin. It was right where I lived so I could all ways pick some up. Unfortunatly it was not as good as I remember it being. The boudin was very pasty as everything was very mashed up, you couldn't really tell the rice from the pork. It had a stronger hint of liver than what I liked and we even found a few chunck of liver. The BOY had fun mashing it flat and then cutting it up. He ate some but I don't think it was his favorite. He did get mad when I wrapped up the last bite for the trash. Overall it was OK but I don't think it was deserving of the linksters A rating.

I did run this morning. We ran in the awsome weather to River Ranch and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment