Wednesday, April 15, 2009

CCC10K

I had aspirations of " postering" this year but it was not to be. "Postering" is a term I just made up. The CCC10K gives free posters to the first 500 chipped runner. You can get a chip by either qualifying or $5. I took the $5 route. I had hopes because last year, I blew out my PR and was only a minute or two from qualifying. So I set me goals to get one this year.

After Houston, I devised an agressive training plan based on the Advanced 10K plans from Hal Higgdon. Unfortunatly, my interest in running more than 3-4 days per week after all the training for Houston was very low. So I got my 12 to 15 miles per week, a few intervals and one or two pace runs.

So along comes race day and here we go. Dad, Sister, BIL#2, BIL#1 and several other friends all lined up. I started off pretty good with 7:12 followed by 7:13. After that is was all up hill. It went 7:32, 7:43, 7:51; 7:58 with a final 1:33. I didn't feel bad just didn't have anything in the tank. My final was 47:05 just a hair shy of last year. Overall I was happy with the results.

We were able to stick around to hear some of "Bag of Dounuts" and drink several Abita beers. We finally decided to leave after the beer lines got too long and were starting to run out of beer.

I guess we will leave the poster for next year.

1 comment:

  1. fast start. A shame how sometimes you just don't have it all the way through. Some days you got it and some days you don't.

    ReplyDelete