Saturday, February 14, 2009

Boudin Run - Charlie T's

One of the reasons that I run, is so that I can eat. I live in South Louisiana there is an over abundance of awsome food. One such food is "Boudin" (boo-dan). It is a mixture of pork and rice with lots of spice (and green onions). There are two guys that have a website that rates local boudin. Every Saturday I get up and go run at Red's. I ran 4.7 miles this morning in about 38 minutes. I didn't have a watch, I am running cave man till I start training again. Anyway, after the run, I drink coffee at Red's with the guys. The Wife goes to Red's for her two hour work out from 9 till 11, so I have to be home to watch The Boy.


After The Wife leaves The Boy and I go pick up BILL (Brother-In-Law) to go on a "Boudin Run". We are working out way down the list to the "A" rated places. (Technically this is a bit of a blog about running, and we went on a run). Three weeks ago, we went to Breaux Bridge to try to get some boudin, I thought I could remember the location of the place. I was wrong, we ended up in Henderson at Webster's. I was good and spicy.

So fast forward two weeks and we headed back to Breaux Bridge. We decided to go to Charlie T's because I went to the other place last weekend on the way to camping. It was good. The linksters overstated it was a smigen more meat than rice , it had a lot of meat. The spice was just right and the casing was snappy. The Boy gave it his seal of approval by eating several bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment